- White thread
- 1" felt circles (I used the colors that matched our inspiration board). I used a total of 40 circles.
- Gold spray paint
- Embroidery hoop (I used a medium size)
- I only used the inside of the embroidery hoop and threw away the outside (the one that tightens the hoop). Then I spray painted it gold.
- After the hoop dried, I attached one string across the hoop by knotting on both sides. Then, I did the same for the other side of the hoop.
- I ordered my 1" felt circles from Etsy as I didn't want to spend time cutting them out. You could do this yourself. I didn't want a pattern or order for the color so started making long and short strips of string and then sewing through the felt to create a dangling effect. Then, I also can move the circles up and and down as needed.
- Once I used all of my circles, I then attached them to the strings on the hoop by simply knotting them and creating a pattern of one in the middle and two for each string.
- To hang, I used more white string so it looks like it's floating from the ceiling.
It was super easy and simple to make. It took me a total of 30 minutes after the spray paint dried.
What do you think?