After using the panettone bread to make french toast, I decided to use the stollen bread to make a version of cinnamon toast. This bread combines sweet flavors of almonds and rum soaked raisins. The bread is dusted with a coating of powdered sugar.
- Farm to Market Bread Co holiday stollen bread
- Dash of cinnamon on each slice
- Preheat oven using the broiler. I put it on low.
- Slice the bread based on the thickness you desire. I cut a few larger for my husband and thinner pieces for myself.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Put butter on each slice.
- Dash with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle with the powdered sugar that fell off when you were cutting the bread.
- Broil until crispy.
We loved the toast. You don't even have to add cinnamon. It's perfect the way it is. You could just add butter and put it in the broiler to make it crispy.
Check out Farm to Market Bread Co., at www.farmtomarketbread.com. For daily updates, follow Farm to Market Bread Co. on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/farmtomarketbread or Twitter at @FarmToMktBread.
Thank you to Farm to Market Bread Co for providing the bread for our recipes.