I have been on the hunt for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe and my husband (and friends) have been very happy that I am on this mission. And, I think I have finally found it. Which it's not my mother's recipe.... Sorry, mom!
The cookies are crispy on the outside and have a little softness right in the middle. Plus, I add a bunch of chocolate chips to make them extra gooey. Of course these are served best right out of the oven.
I adapted my recipe from Crisco's website.
- 3/4 stick Crisco Baking Stick (butter flavor)
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in your kitchen aid mixer bowl. Combine at medium speed. Add in egg. In a separate bowl add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix. Then slowly mix into shortening mixture until lightly blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie mixture on your silpat pan (or greased pan).
- Bake for 12 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Then, add to your cooling rack.
Let's be friends:
Facebook. Twitter. Pinterest. Instagram.