- Portabella mushroom caps
- Italian sausage (1 lb for approx. two dozen)
- Gruyere cheese
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare the mushrooms by taking a spoon to scoop out the stem, providing a deep bowl for the sausage.
- Place the mushrooms in a glass pan and cook the mushrooms on their own for about 10 minutes. I found if you cook them all together the sausage gets dry or the mushrooms are not cooked all the way.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and carefully fill them with sausage to your liking. Place the pan back into the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- For the cheese, I cut thin slices that fit onto the top and place them onto the sausage once they are out of the oven.
I hope you enjoy! This is a high protein and low-carb treat.
Let's be friends:
Facebook. Twitter. Pinterest. Instagram.