- 1 box of Duncan Hines (I used a vanilla and a chocolate)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice the butter and place in a heat safe bowl. Melt in the microwave.
- Pour in cake mix, eggs and water to the butter in a large mixing bowl (or your kitchenaid bowl).
- Mix on low for around 1 minute and then on high for 1-2 minutes. Your cake mix should be super thick and fluffy.
- Fill your cupcake papers by using a cookie scoop.
- Put them in the oven and turn it down to 350. Check on the cupcakes in about 15 minutes. By decreasing the heat, they will puff up like a bakery cupcake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipe
- 2 softened sticks of butter (not melted)
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablesoon of milk
- Whip the butter and sugar in your bowl (or kitchenaid bowl).
- At the half way mark (around three to four minutes), add the vanilla and milk.
- Continue to whip. This should take around five minutes.
- Add in food color as needed and whip for an additional minute.
- Put in pastry bags, large zip lock bags and cut a hole (that's what I did) or just use a knife and frost on your completely cooled cupcakes.
Let's be friends:
Facebook. Twitter. Pinterest. Instagram.